Tuesday 5 February 2008

"Nothing endures but personal qualities." - Whitman




I'm Natalie, I'm 20 and I'm from Edinburgh. I'm a drama queen (from my mother's side), a story teller, and my worst habit, my friends tell me, is that I have too much energy, but that's only because I'm always trying to find the fun in things!


Everyone says the same thing but it doesn't make it any less true. I really do live and breathe fashion. I used to think I was born to be a designer, but realised my writing skills were decidedly better than my sewing skills. Nevertheless, after 3 years of studying Fashion Journalism, I now harbour a desire to do Costume Design for film/TV/theatre/whoever will employ me! Guess old habits die hard. I would still in future like to continue writing, although I fear I am one of life's eternal 'tryers', one of those people who ends up 40 years from now having tried (and probably failed) a dozen different careers. Either way I'm just a hopeless romantic for the dream of one day seeing my name in lights.

Passions include Elizabeth Taylor (my role model); Vogue and Pop magazine; labels Marni, Jonathan Saunders, Proenza Schouler and Yves Saint Laurent; being a self confessed film-geek; reading the The Great Gatsby and On The Road over and over again; Steve McQueen; listening to Michael Jackson, The Smiths, Amy Winehouse, The Maccabees, and many more.


I want to see the world, and after moving to London for Uni, I've already made the first step. New York has always been the city I imagined myself living in and I cannot wait to begin this project and to learn more about Parsons and more about the sartorial atmosphere of the city.